Moon by SimAudio 650D DAC & CD Transport
The MOON 650D combines a high performance DAC with the versatility of a CD Transport, which use a proprietary CD drive system mounted on our M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension.
Proprietary CD drive system mounted on our MQuattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension for vibration damping.
True 32-bit asynchronous Digital-to-Analog converter.
The MOON 650D features “MQA pass-through” capability. The MQA encoded data on the disc will be outputted on the digital output such that an MQA certified DAC will decode it and give you the full performance that MQA offers.
“I was struck by the 650D DAC’s consistent overall sound: unusually transparent, delicately drawn, and ethereal, with an almost complete absence of digital glare and hardness.”
– Michael Fremer, Stereophile
- Proprietary CD drive system mounted on our M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension.
- Separate digital and analog power supplies, each with their own toroidal transformer.
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i2 DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 18 stages in all.
- Four (4) digital inputs (AES/EBU, S/PDIF, TosLink and USB) allowing for a connection to virtually any digital source.
- Two (2) digital outputs – AES/EBU and S/PDIF.
- Fully compatible with 820S external power supply.